DSU is Duxbury’s Youth Center
The Duxbury Student Union is non-profit organization serving young people in Duxbury. Independent from the Town and Schools, we provide innovative and impactful programming for all Duxbury youth through a variety of After School Programs and Special Events.
Our mission is to be the ♥ of the Duxbury community by inspiring and supporting our youth through big world opportunities. We achieve our mission through four simple values – collaboration, inclusion, innovation and a whole lot of fun. DSU focuses on the whole child, providing a safe, supervised environment with a culture of respect and accountability.
The world, the classroom, the physical and digital playground is changing rapidly. DSU peers, young adults and staff are the mentors helping students navigate these new landscapes. Here are just a few of the mission-based programs and events we’ve enjoyed with Duxbury youth this past year. Consider making a donation – in any amount – to our annual appeal to help us continue to develop these programs and more:
- Coffee Houses
- Network Now career fair for high school/college/young adult with local businesses hiring for over 300 positions
- Team dinners and film nights that inspire teamwork and camaraderie
- Film events that inspired social justice conversations
- Dances where students decide the details
- College preparation programs
- Pretend pillow fights to remind high school students to lighten up occasionally
- High fives to all high school students wishing them well for midterms.
- Collecting 1200 pounds of candy and packing 1500 Holiday care packages for troops deployed
- Volunteer opportunities after school for 180 days and a clearing house for numerous community events throughout the year and summer
- 4th July float to honor our patriotic spirit
- Holly Days activities that warmed hearts for the holiday season
- Our Brownie Bakeoff where kids bake brownies for holiday baskets
- Duxbury Beach Triathlon for volunteers and teen fitness warriors
Located in the historic Wright Building in the center of the school campus, the DSUA operates independently from the Town of Duxbury and the Duxbury Public Schools.
We are a 501c3 Non-profit Organization
The Duxbury Student Union Association [DSUA] is a 501c3 non-profit organization, Tax ID # 20-0075397; all donations are 100% tax-deductible.
All funding for the DSUA mission programs serving all Duxbury youth come from community donors, grants, programs and event fees.
After School Programs are 100% self-funded, supported by participant fees.