2021 - 2022 Overview
DSU’s signature CEO Program is much like a cross country trip. There’s no winging it. It’s intentional. Students follow a plan that creates habits and non-negotiable steps to success. They learn about themselves and they learn from others; and when they experience challenges, they will learn to be flexible and accountable. They develop self-awareness. They learn to identify the activities they enjoy doing, what are the “have to’s”, and what are the triggers to distraction?
DSU staff help students create the life, not just academic goals, that they want for themselves. It’s a plan customized to the student’s interests and life with room to experience success and learn from the failures. No judgement, no emotion, no expectations except to try, to work hard and to be committed to the process.
After School Program Links
What do students gain from the CEO program?
- They are the Chief Everything Officer of their life. They are in charge, building the skills to advocate for themselves and manage their commitments.
- They learn critical Executive Function skills of time management, organization, and long-range planning.
- More home life harmony and less conversations “have you done your homework?”
- A sense of confidence & pride in their achievements
- Less time overwhelmed by homework; a sense of accomplishment with work done
- More engaged in the classroom & more accountability.
- Ability to advocate for themselves resulting in deeper relationships with their teachers.
- Earlier awareness to recognize “I need help”; confidence to know that it is not a sign of weakness but a sign of proactivity and being in charge.
For Middle School through 9th Grade
DSU’s CEOs range from 6th grade to high school. The program runs 2:45pm-5:00pm daily. Students are encouraged to lead a full life engaging with teachers after school, enjoying social time, extracurriculars and selfcare prior to arriving in the Academic Center at 3:15pm.
Daily Schedule M-F
2:45 pm to 3:15pm DMS students walk independently to DSU and sign in at the front desk. Enjoy time to blow off steam, grab a snack at the Blender Café, participate in organized group activities led by DSU staff, or get a head start on homework.
3:15pm – 5:00pm Move to the Academic Center for structured homework time including emphasis on study skills, agenda management, time management, and tracking long term projects and assignments and breaking up work into manageable parts.
5:00 pm Pack up for dismissal or extracurricular activities ensuring all materials are returned to their binder/backpack and assignments to be completed at home are marked in their agenda.
Students sign themselves out when picked up by an adult or moving to another location (i.e. walk to library, athletics.) *Departure time is flexible, according to student’s schedule.
CEO is a yearlong commitment, because success comes from following the plan every day. A 10-month payment plan is required in addition to the state required forms to fulfill your student’s registration.
DSU offers a sibling discount of 5% off the annual tuition of each child enrolling in DSU programming. This discount will be applied to each monthly payment. Discount is applicable to families with multiple children.
Scholarships are available.
Please note sibling discounts and scholarships cannot be combined.
* Program deposits, fees and monthly tuition are non-refundable*