Alden After School 2020- 2021 | Overview
The DSU After School Program is offered Monday through Friday from 2pm to 5pm. Families can choose from 5, 3, or 2 day enrollment. DSU will do its best to accommodate all choices but cannot guarantee availability of your preferred enrollment days. Preference will be given to registrants in the following order:
- Students registering 5 days till 6pm
- Students registering 5 days till 5pm.
- Students registering 3 days including a Monday and Friday
- Students registering two days including a Monday or Friday
- Students registering MTW or MT, MW, TW. WT or TT.
After School Program students participate in a broad range of group activities such as outdoor games (volleyball, basketball, football, jump rope, scavenger hunts and wacky relays), indoor games (charades, board games, bingo, limbo, game room) crafts and cooking projects, holiday themed programs, outreach programs for the Duxbury Interfaith Council and fundraisers for organizations like the Jimmy Fund. In addition to after school activities, students in our after school program enjoy up to the minute updates on special events, parties and dances targeted in their age group.
Students enjoy structured daily homework time, learning and reinforcement of executive function study skills, opportunity to participate in academic enrichment such as spelling games, jeopardy trivia and access to online teacher web sites, reference sites, Google Docs, Study Island and other teacher recommended resources.
Typical Day | Schedule
2:00 pm — Meet in Alden Cafeteria lobby
Sign-in with DSU Staff
Supervised walk to DSU
2:10pm — Arrival at DSU
Stow personal items
Snack and drink included in program fee
2:30 to 3:30pm — Homework centers featuring staff assistance, study skills, enrichment and quiet reading time. Students are assigned to homework times ranging from 1/2 hour to a full hour when needed.
3:30 to 5:00pm — Choose from a variety of indoor/outdoor programs supervised by staff5:00Pick-up by parent or authorized adult. Children may be picked up at any time during the afternoon, we appreciate advanced notice of an early pick up to ensure homework time is arranged.
5:00 to 6:00pm — Families may choose to enroll for this extra hour. Annual enrollment or drop-in options available.
|2 Days 5pm||$2,334.00|
|3 Days 5pm||$3,182.00|
|5 Days 5pm||$4,152.00|
|2 Days 6pm||$3,061.00|
|3 Days 6pm||$4,152.00|
|5 Days 6pm||$5,364.00|
* Program deposit, fees and monthly tuition are non-refundable*. Program deposit with a commitment to a 10-month payment plan is required in addition to the forms to fulfill your student’s registration. Alden Program annual enrollment fee includes one snack per day and all necessary supplies for supervised recreation, cooking projects, arts and crafts projects, enrichment programs and daily structured homework time.
Sibling Discounts and Scholarships
DSU offers a sibling discount of 5% off the annual tuition of each child enrolling in DSU programming. This discount will be applied to each monthly payment. Discount is applicable to families with multiple children.
Scholarships are available.
Sibling discounts and scholarships cannot be combined.